What financial assistance is available to employers/owners?

18. What financial assistance is available to employers/owners to help them make reasonable accommodations and comply with the ADA?

A special tax credit is available to help smaller employers make accommodations required by the ADA. Information discussing the tax credits and deductions is contained in the Department of Justice's ADA Tax Incentive Packet for Businesses available from the ADA Information Line. Information about the tax credit and tax deduction can also be obtained from a local IRS office, or by contacting the Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service. For more information go to IRS.gov.