Interested in having your voice heard? Want to make a difference? Join an APSP council or committee. Here's how:
Join a Council
APSP councils represent business segments in the pool, spa, and hot tub industry including manufacturers, manufacturers' agents, builders, retailers, and service technicians. Councils provide opportunities to identify needs within their business segments as well as leadership opportunities and a forum for networking and exchanging ideas. APSP Councils include the following: Builders Council, Fiberglass Pool Manufacturers Council, Service Council, Retail Council, Hot Tub Council, Manufacturers Council, and the Manufacturers' Agents Council. For more information, email Member Services.
Join the APSP Technical Committee
The APSP Technical Committee is responsible for reviewing for technical accuracy the ANSI/APSP consensus standards, reviewing technical, safety, and health products of the association, and conducting appropriate scientific research. Each APSP/ANSI standard for pools, spas, or hot tubs is initially drafted by a writing committee prior to undergoing the ANSI consensus review process. For more information, email Member Services.
Technical Committee (Standards Writing Committees):
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-1 2014 Standard for Public Swimming Pools
- ANSI/NSPI-2 1999 Standard for Public Spas
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-3 2014 Standard for Permanently Installed Residential Spas and Swim Spas
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-4 2012 Standard for Aboveground/Onground Residential Swimming Pools
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-5 2011 Standard for Residential Inground Swimming Pools
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-6 2013 Standard for Residential Portable Spas and Swim Spas
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-7 2013 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance In Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, and Catch Basins
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-8 2005 (R2013) Standard Model Barrier Code for Residential Swimming Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
- IAF-9 2005 Standard for Aquatic Recreation Facilities
- ANSI/APSP-11 2009 (PA) Standard for Water Quality in Public Pools and Spas
- ANSI/APSP/ICC/NPC-12 2016 Standard for the Plastering of Swimming Pools and Spas
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-14 2014 Standard for Portable Electric Spa Energy Efficiency
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-15 2011 Standard for Residential Swimming Pool and Spa Energy Efficiency
- ANSI/APSP-16 2011 Standard for Suction Fittings for Use in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
Join the Recreational Water Quality Committee
The APSP Recreational Water Quality Committee assists staff in developing and maintaining authoritative information regarding chemical products, processes and devices that affect water quality maintenance of swimming pools, spas, and hot tubs. It is the work of the Recreational Water Quality Committee of APSP to help advance the business image and welfare of APSP members by providing technical expertise to the organization in the area of water quality and water treatment. For more information, email Member Services.