The 2012 edition of the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code now explained!
This new companion manual contains the 2012 ISPSC code language with expanded expert commentary and pictures for each paragraph now in one convenient book.
Code inspectors will rely heavily on this additional information when issuing permits. Don't Delay! Get this information.
Developed jointly with APSP and the International Code Council (ICC), the ISPSC establishes minimum regulations for public and residential pools, spas, and hot tubs, using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. It combines the relevant provisions of the IRC, IBC, IPC, IMC, and APSP standards, serving as a fully-integrated document for pool and spa safety.
Top 10 Benefits of the ISPSC:
- The only comprehensive model swimming pool and spa code available.
- Provides Virginia Graeme Baker Act compliance by reference to APSP-7 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance.
- Uses time-proven ANSI/APSP standards by reference and integration.
- Contains barrier, decking and lighting provisions coordinating with the IBC.
- Covers all types of aquatic vessels, including residential and public pools, portable and in-ground spas, water parks, exercise spas, and hot tubs.
- Updated fencing and barrier requirements integrate with IBC and IRC??provisions.
- Incorporates provisions based on the latest research for diving,?barriers, general design, and water quality safety.
- Requires portable spas be certified to the latest industry standards,?eliminating the need to inspect inaccessible interior components.
- The first swimming pool and spa code to address aquatic recreation facilities.
- The first swimming pool and spa code to include an energy standard for residential portable electric spas and for ?residential ?in-ground swimming pools and spas.